Which Litecoin wallet is the best?

Hi,guys,Which ltc wallet is the best one? I mean the local wallet.

1 Like

Core wallet at litecoin.org
click downloads and then download the wallet for your device…
NOTE: Don NOT do anything like make transactions until the block-chain has finished syncing

I use Electrum for Litecoin, because I have a limited bandwidth connection, and I don’t need to download the blockchain.

1 Like

Keep it simple and go with coinbase imo

Please take a moment to understand coinbase is not a wallet but a service. More like a bank account or debit card, which relies entirely on a trusted third-party and can be censured or revoked; and less like cash.

The core wallet at litecoin.org is the only wallet that is meant to be used seamlessly but you must be able to meat the hardware requirements to run a full node…personally this is the only way I ever use any crypto wallets…I wont use a coin that does not offer a decentralized server wallet solution…
…all the other wallets use core wallet as a main server for the wallet app that connects to it…
There are a few ways to do it…
if you use a core wallet…that is truely decentralized…
using other wallets that connect to servers that belong to someone else is NOT decentralized and is based on TRUST that the company or person running the server that the wallet connects to will no conduct illegal activity with your funds or addresses…

You’re wrong about your last point.
Electrum is not less secure than qt wallet. It does not even depend on single centralized node, and it does not put your funds or keys at risk by transferring them to third parties.

No…Electrum configures their own litecoind servers just like everyone else does using litecoind…same way bitpay does…they all use the core main source code that is LItecoin code and configures from there…same way bitpay makes their own bitocin servers…
sorry but electrum is not secure at all…all you need is one of the keys and using the bip32 vulnerability you can get the master private key from any child wallet…bip32 is NOT secure at all…I jsut recreated a wallet from scratch the other day using bip32 for a customer…electrum and bip32 are the same type of improvement proposal…and both easy as hell to hack
there was actually a version of electrum-ltc for linux that was considered a “compromised version:”…just google it…

I think coinbase is best

Best wallet for LTC and for other cryptocurrency for me is Trust Wallet
https://share.trustwallet.com/MFyzsE

Hello…! Litecoin Community,

Which non-custodial Mobile App would you recommend for Litecoin,
I currently use Edge wallet, Love to hear if there’s a good alternative

The best Litecoin wallet ever https://lite-wallet.org/

5 Likes

Wirex?

Paper Wallet. With metal key for private keys (in case of natural disaster) in a bank safety deposit box. I just have the public addresses bookmarked when I want to add coin to the addresses there. :slight_smile:

How is Wirex a non-custodial wallet?

Lite wallet… It used to be called “Loaf wallet”. Should come up on the app store under either.

3 Likes

Ledger or trezor.

2 Likes

Ledger or trezor.

Both are good… but ledger is durable (its metal)

1 Like

To be honest i think Trezor is better if u only want to have BTC/LTC.
The design is better. But i use my ledger mainly since they have more coin support.
And Ledger is not all metal, if you drop it the plastic part might also get out and get damaged.
As a matter a fact due to its “bad” design the screen gets allot of scratches due to the metal shell.
And i have mine in a cloth bag all the time and take care of it really really good and yet it looks like this:

Still its a great device!

2 Likes

Hi Litecoin folks!
Can you please provide me with the link for the best litecoin wallet for Windows…?
Thank you in advance.